Welcome to my fan page!

Sorry, please ignore my baby, he's part dinosaur.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

My grand entrance

Guys, I've had the CRAZIEST week. I am going to have a guest blogger, Mom, tell you all about it.

****

On the 28th I checked into the hospital for my scheduled induction. My RA was just horrible the past few weeks of my pregnancy so my doctors and I decided to induce at 39 weeks. I started a pitocin drip at 9 am. I tried to hold on without an epidural, which was stupid, until late in the afternoon. It was stupid for me to wait so long- after I got it I relaxed and labor progressed much more quickly.

After about 14 hours of labor, P's heart rate started acting funny. He wasn't in distress, and the doctor said that the heart rhythms were indicated one of two things: either the baby was too big, or his cord was wrapped around his neck. After an attempt to try to get his heart rate back to normal by fixing the cord, they decided to do a c section.

While I was in surgery , the first thing all of the doctors said was "wow that's a big baby!!" P weighed in at 9 lbs 6 oz and was 22 inches long.

After four days in the hospital, we got to go home. We have been so happy together! Special thanks go to my mom, who drove for hours and hours each way to be here for us... and for taking such awesome care of us! I'm pretty sure we all would have died without her. Thanks also to my amazing vt for food, pet sitting, and visits. We are so inccredibly blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment