Welcome to my fan page!

Sorry, please ignore my baby, he's part dinosaur.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Almost 16 months

I totally skipped 15 months. Oops.

Parker has been lots of fun these days. Lots of hard work, but lots of fun! We're finally figuring out this one nap thing. I need routine nearly as much as Parker does, so to have a schedule in place has been great. I'm looking forward to storytime resuming so we can incorporate that into our schedule, too!

Parker talks up a storm! Most of it is just babble, but he can repeat sounds pretty well. He is constantly asking "what's that?" and loves picture books. He LOVES to read and play with his stacking rings and cups. He seems to enjoy learning and I love teaching him. His also loves cars and sometimes I feel like I'm living in a parking garage. His favorite is his dump truck. He can fill his dump truck with EVEN MORE CARS and drive them all around at once.

His favorite number is 2. He can sort of count to 3 but he frequently stops and just says 2 over and over again because he loves to say 2. He is always asking me to count things!

He loves the playground and can get up on the equipment and go down slides by himself. 

He FINALLY is not eating baby food! He regressed a little when he had all those teeth coming in, but he's totally on solids now. He loves pasta, peanut butter sandwiches, and crackers.

My biggest challenges with him right now are centered around the fact that he chooses to ignore anything I ask him to do. This results in me having to carry him across the street  or in the parking lot because he won't hold my hand or even follow me. I also have to carry him up and down the stairs because he is so stubborn he won't do it himself. Mind you, he is capable of doing it, and loves going up and down the stairs when he's not supposed to. I know he understands me because he does the exact opposite of what I'm asking him to do. (ie, he runs away as fast as he can when I ask him to "come here"). It's exhausting and frustrating but I there are worse problems. I can't wait until I can start to reason with him and eventually implement rewards and consequences for behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment