Welcome to my fan page!

Sorry, please ignore my baby, he's part dinosaur.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Nursmaids elbow

We went to the playground today. When it was time to go, I took Parkers hand to lead him to the car and he threw himself on the ground in protest. I felt his arm pop and he let out a blood curdling scream. I looked at him and his arm was hanging limp at his side. I was terrified. I called the pediatrician and the nurse told me to take him to urgent care immediately. Getting him in the car seat without further aggravating his arm was tough. He screamed and I was in 5 pm traffic.. I wanted to honk at everyone but I knew getting in a car wreck wouldn't help things. We finally got there and the Dr popped it back in and took an x Ray. He's fine now, but it was awful. If this ever happens to you, go to urgent care immediately to avoid a fracture or circulation problems. I had no idea what to do and I'm so thankful the pediatricians nurse talked to me within seconds of me placing the call. So now you know! !

Here is a photo of Parker eating his special dinner after the whole ordeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment